At the Indiana Writers Center (IWC), we believe everyone has a unique story to tell; and our goal is simple: to help you tell it. For more than 30 years we have worked to foster a vibrant writing community in Indiana, providing education and enrichment opportunities for both beginning and accomplished writers. Located in the Cultural Complex of the Indianapolis Art Center in Broad Ripple, we offer a variety of classes and workshops led by some of Indiana’s best writers. In addition, we host literary events such as readings, open mics, critique groups, and the annual Gathering of Writers to instruct, inspire, and connect writers throughout the state.
The IWC also provides community outreach programs in schools, community organizations, nursing homes and correctional facilities, helping people of diverse ages and backgrounds to find their voices.
• Amazon Literary Partnership
• Lilly Endowment, Inc.
• Indiana Arts Commission
• Arts Council of Indianapolis
• National Endowment for the Arts
• Indiana Humanities
• Allen Whitehall Clowes Charitable Foundation
• Sheila Fortune Foundation
• The Indianapolis Foundation
• The Indianapolis Retirement Home Fund
• Summer Youth Program Fund